The world of eSports betting has grown quite large during the past decade. New games appear all the time, new betting markets also appear, and the disciplines grow in popularity quite immensely. No longer being a relatively niche hobby, competitive video games now attract millions of viewers during the largest championships. But only a few games completely dominate the field. Most notably, League of Legends, CS:GO, and, of course, Dota 2.
In this article, we will take a look at how betting on Dota 2 works on GGBet, a large international wagering platform that mainly focuses on cybersports. Founded in 2016, the website has grown in popularity and expanded into different markets, including Kenya. We plan to check out how eSports betting works, what Dota 2 is, and how to place Dota 2 on GGBet Kenya wagers. We will also include the main information about customer support and answer the most common questions.
How Does Cybersport Betting Work?
Betting on eSports doesn’t differ much from regular wagering: you simply place your selections and wait for the results to turn out. All normal features, such as live betting, cashout, and multiple wagers, are available. But there are always a couple of things to consider:
- eSports usually have more complex rules. This is it; the games can be quite complicated in their nature, and in some cases, it would be impossible to learn the rules in one evening, as would be doable with games like football or basketball.
- It’s preferred to have some practical experience. While no one expects a punter to be good at football or know how to play golf, eSports are a bit different. There are no physical requirements to participate in the sport, and most other punters play the games regularly. So we always recommend learning to play Dota 2 or League of Legends before you try betting on these eSports.
- More complex and versatile betting rules result in a wider variety of betting markets. Unfortunately, not all platforms take advantage of such variability, but the fact remains: there are quite interesting things to bet on, such as the map winner or the one who will draw the first blood during the match.
GGBet is one of the websites that focuses mainly on eSports, providing a wide list of disciplines to bet on. GGBet eSport options include Dota 2, CS:GO, League of Legends, Fortnite, Valorant, Call of Duty, Hearthstone, etc. You can read a dedicated article on the matter to better understand it.
Dota 2 eSports: Wide Selection of Betting Markets, Streams, News, and Statistics
By joining GGBet, you can get plenty of information on Dota 2. You can place wagers on the markets you’re interested in, enjoy the information about the sport, and check the streams. There’s also plenty of statistical data on the sport. And, of course, you can always use other resources to get additional information.
What’s Dota 2?
Dota 2 belongs to the games known as MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) and essentially defines a genre. Released in 2013, it’s a sequel to DotA, a community-driver mod for Warcraft III that became very popular in the 2000s.
The rules are easy to follow: two teams of five players each try to defend their own bases while attempting to destroy the opponent’s bases. But there are many nuances, more complex things, and different types of heroes and skills.
Dota 2 isn’t the only game in this genre, even though it helped to create it. The other popular examples include League of Legends and Valorant.
How to Win Dota 2 Bets?
If you want to successfully place bets on Dota 2 and other online games of the same genre, some rules can make your life easier. Below, we provide the tips that you can use for Dota 2 wagering and general betting.
- Learn more about the game. View the matches, understand the rules, try to get a basic understanding of the most important things, and, ideally, learn more nuanced stuff.
- Get experience playing the game. It’s quite easy to start playing Dota 2, so why not try it? It will provide a better, deeper, and more practical understanding of how the game works, giving you a clearer picture of what to bet on.
- Start small. Don’t place high stakes unless you’re confident in your betting ability or have money to spare.
- Don’t place multiple bets before you get some experience. Multiple bets are generally more profitable than single ones, but the downside is that they’re riskier. So we recommend avoiding them unless you know what you’re doing or a multiple wager consists of several low-risk selections.
- Use analytical tools and statistical data. The internet is full of programs that can help you predict data results. The list ranges from available statistics to complex AI-powered solutions.
- Research public opinion. There are plenty of forums and other resources on social media where the punters and spectators discuss upcoming matches. Don’t avoid it.
- Listen to the experts. Professionals have their opinions as well and are often willing to share them. Analyze it, but have your own opinion as well.
- Set aside money for betting. Wagering involves money, and you want to be smart with them. Set aside the sum that will go directly to this activity, don’t go over it, and make sure you can afford to lose this amount.
- Avoid gambling addiction. The issue is real, and you don’t want to get it. Once you notice unhealthy habits or start spending too much time and money on wagering, stop and seek help.
- Analyze your betting history. Keep track of your activity and take a look at it from time to time, finding out your strengths and weaknesses. It will be the most direct way to improve your consistency.
As you can see, most tips aren’t difficult to follow, and some are quite obvious. While, of course, the betting process is highly affected by luck, you can still make sure your predictions turn out correctly in most situations.
How to Place Live Bets on Dota 2 on GGBet?
The procedure is extremely simple; here are the steps you must follow if you want to place your live wager on the game:
Open up GGBet
Form Your Prediction
What Bets Can You Place on Dota 2 On GGBet?
Веб-сайт предлагает множество рынков ставок, хотя нам бы хотелось, чтобы он предлагал еще более универсальные варианты, поскольку правила это позволяют. На сайте доступен только один рынок GGBet Dota: ставки на победителя. Просто выберите одну из команд и дождитесь результатов игры.
How Does Dota 2 Betting Work on GGBet?
Functionally, it doesn’t differ from betting on any other sport. Select an event and market, place your wager, and wait for the results. The same features, such as the cashout option, live betting, and others, are also available.
GGBet offers quite competitive odds, mainly comparable with another betting website that features eSports.
Popular Dota 2 Tournaments and Championships
We’ve already mentioned that Dota 2 is among the most popular eSports out there. Some championships get viewership measured in the millions of spectators. The largest tournament is the International. It features a prize of $40 million and has up to 3 million peak viewers. Dota Pro Circuit was another large one held by Valve, but it doesn’t exist anymore.
If you ever run into issues while using the website or betting on Dota 2, you can always contact customer care service and get your issues solved. Below are the available means of contacting them. Take a look at them.
eSports betting is on the rise and doesn’t seem to stop anytime soon. Dota 2 has always been one of the most popular online games for wagering, and that hasn’t changed much. There are plenty of betting platforms that provide eSport wagering, such as Dota 2, due to its level of popularity.
This article examines how betting on Dota 2 works on GGBet in Kenya. We can confidently say that the platform offers good odds, even though the list of available markets is only limited to selecting a winner.